SU>Date:    Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:47:12 +0100
 SU>> After this information it gave an L and than only 01 01 01 etc.
 SU>What OS(es) are you running on that machine?  If you've got LILO
 SU>installed as your boot manager, it sounds like the error LILO gives
 SU>when it can't load the bulk of the code (the L is printed by the
 SU>first stage, the boot block itself, the 01s are the error code).
 SU>Regards,
 SU>Ben A L Jemmett.
Dear Ben and everybody else who answered me with regard to
the DMI question, thanks. Yes, sure, I am running DrDos and
Suse Linux on my machine and should have recognised that
the L was the first part of LILO. Although this was the
first time I only got L (other cases I got at least LI ;-))
As I burned three monitors this week I was not able to go
on a search on the web (I am writing this on the XT of my
wife without access to the web ;-(.
So I only had a computer dictionary (of Ian Simmons) which
was of no use.
The possible cause of the DMI problem was that one of the
three harddisks had a bad contact and could not be accessed.

Computers are like air conditioners, they are useless when you open
Windows.

Net-Tamer V 1.11 Beta PT  - Registered