At 08:49 AM 8/10/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Charles Angelich wrote:
>>
>> > One of the BasicLinux options runs a 1.4mb filesystem
>> > (uncompressed).  It runs on a floppy.  No HD.  No ramdisk.
>>
>> I don't recall reading about the 1.4 mb filesystem?  Where
>> would I find a "howto" on that install?
>
>The standard BasicLinux HD installation uses a ramdisk to
>run the installation routine.  This requires a minimum of
>8mb RAM.  For people will less RAM, a special package is
>available here:
>http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux/bas4mb.html
>This version of the HD installation routine runs from a
>1.4mb filesystem that resides on a "live" floppy.  This is
>not a general-purpose Linux (although it does have a shell
>and an editor).  It contains the capabilities necessary to
>do the installation and little else.

Ok, I do remember reading that - vaguely.

I thought you referred to something else. :-)

I do plan to get around to a hard drive install of BasicLinux
one of these days.  Got sidetracked here by Oberon but may have
to put that on hold for awhile anyhow.  Only does PAP and I need
CHAP authentication. :-\

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf