Hi,

At the moment I'm making a debian package for suspend/uswsusp. Suspend
has an an option for encrypting which make use of the libssl library.
Unfortunately linking libssl into an GPL application makes the
resulting binary undistributable  (see [0] for more info.). Of course
this is not a problem for people that compile and use suspend
themselves, it is however a problem for distributions. You could
provide a license exception of course, but then you'd have to convince
all the copyright holders of vbetool, radeontool, lrmi, s2ram, etc.

Is there any reason you didn't use gnutls (GPLed alternative to
libssl)? Would you accept patches if I try to port it to gnutls (no
guarantees;)?

Thanks for this nice software suspend implementation btw!

grts Tim

[0] http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/openssl-and-the-gpl.html