Hi!

...so if you have problems with SATA suspend/resume, maybe time is
_now_ to try latest kernel?
                                                                Pavel

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:54:53 -0700
David Brownell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Small driver suspend() fixes in preparation for the PRETHAW events:
>
>  - Only compare message events for equality against PM_EVENT_* codes;
>    not against integers, or using greater/less-than comparisons.
>    (PM_EVENT_* should really become a __bitwise thing.)
>
>  - Explicitly test for SUSPEND events (rather than not-something-else)
>    before suspending devices.
>
>  - Removes more of the confusion between a pm_message_t (wraps event code)
>    and a "state" ... suspend() originally took a target system state.
>
> These updates are correct and appropriate even without new PM_EVENT codes.

A pile of SATA suspend/resume rework seems to have come from nowhere and
landed in 2.6.18-rc1 today, so I dropped the libata-core.c part of this
patch.  Can you please take a look, see if it needs redoing?

(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html