On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:59:35PM +0200, Luca wrote:

> > > Thanks for helping :-)
> >
> > BTW: Is it possible/helpful to test this from a Live-CD/Rescue system of
> > an Install-CD?
> >
> > If yes, I could try to verify this on a number of other FuSi laptops
> > from colleagues, too...
>
> One problem is that sometimes SATA HDs don't come back to life; you may
> fail to notice that when running from a live cd (i.e. mostly from a ram
> disk). If you do this be sure to check that the HD is indeed usable, a
> simple cat /dev/sdX > /dev/null should suffice.

But this would still help from a s2ram whitelist perspective - here we
only care about video reinitialization :-)

So go ahead and do it, testing if "fdisk -l" after resume still works
is a bonus, but not too critical for the whitelist case.

And assuming that you use a SUSE 10.1 rescue system, this kernel should
work with SATA HDs.
--
Stefan Seyfried                     | "Please, just tell people
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |               to use KDE."