As Stefan is away, please find below a success report for a Dell Inspiron 8500 to be added to the s2ram whitelist. This machine in using openSUSE 10.1.

Cheers,

Henare

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henare Degan
Date: Aug 14, 2006 6:13 PM
Subject: s2ram Whitelist Addition - Dell Inspiron 8500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your great openSUSE wiki page on using s2ram. I would like to report success using s2ram on the following machine:

# s2ram -i
This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "Dell Computer Corporation"
    sys_product  = "Inspiron 8500                   "
    sys_version  = ""
    bios_version = "A05"
See /usr/src/linux/Doc*/power/video.txt for details,
then reimplement neccessary steps here and mail patch to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]. Good luck!

If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.

I think it's also worth noting that my model uses an NVIDIA card, as I have seen Inspiron 8500's with ATI cards also.

# cat /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0
Model:           GeForce4 4200 Go
IRQ:             11
Video BIOS:      04.28.20.31.c1
Card Type:       AGP
DMA Size:        32 bits
DMA Mask:        0xffffffff

Also note that I needed to use this howto to get suspend to disk working first, once that was done I tried s2ram (using s2ram -f) and it worked fine. Please let me know if you'd like any further information. Also, please accept my apologies if this is not the correct place to provide this information, the wiki page I mentioned above on s2ram was somewhat ambiguous as to how to get these details to you. Again, thank you for your work on s2ram for the openSUSE community.

Cheers,

Henare