Hi,

i took the suspend-devel mailinglist into Cc:

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 12:01:54AM +0200, Frank Schröder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the great howto on the opensuse.org website. After playing
> with it for a while I got Suspend to RAM working on my HP Pavilion
> zt3380us which has an ATI Radeon 9200 Mobile graphics chip.
>
> Here's the output of "s2ram -i"
>
> This machine can be identified by:
>    sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard "
>    sys_product  = "Pavilion zt3300 (PF083UA#ABA)   "
>    sys_version  = "F.42"
>    bios_version = "68BAL Ver. F.42"
>
> and
>
>    s2ram -f
>
> works just fine even from X. I've set

Cool. Does it also work without X, e.g. from init=/bin/bash?

> SUSPEND2RAM_FORCE="yes"
>
> and that's it.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> On a related note I've been trying to get the ATI chip to work with
> the fglrx driver to have a look at Xgl but the driver doesn't seem to
> be able to find the correct modelines for the 1200x800 display. The
> HCL page claims that it works but Sax2 can't come up with a working
> config. The screen is always garbled. Updating the driver also didn't
> help. Any idea?

Sorry, i have absolutely no knowledge about the ATI drivers, but filing
a bug in the novell bugzilla will connect you directly to the experts :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried                     | "Please, just tell people
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |               to use KDE."