Hi,

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 06:11:00PM -0500, Saul Mena Avila wrote:
> The suspend to RAM works properly with both
>
> s2ram -f
> s2ram -f -a 3
>
> On other hand, even though the system succesfuly comes
> back from the suspend to RAM state, during all of the
> suspention my laptop makes a noise, like a constant
> squeal. I do not know if this is just my laptop or all
> of the 3620 series.

Does it also do this if you suspend in windows? If not, this might
be an indication of some hardware component that is not correctly powered
down during suspend to RAM in linux.

> The output for s2ram -i is:
>
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "Acer"
>     sys_product  = "Aspire 3620"
>     sys_version  = "0100           "
>     bios_version = "V1.04  "
>
> What should I do now? Should I use one of the valid
> commands to execute the suspend to RAM or shall I wait
> for notice of you?

Just use the command that works for you. I will put the machine in the
whitelist so once you get an updated version of s2ram from CVS or from
your distribution that includes this change, you can simply type "s2ram"
without any parameters to suspend.

I have added the suspend-devel mailinglist to the Cc, since there are
more experts that might know something about the strange noise your machine
makes.

Thanks for the report,

    Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried                     | "Please, just tell people
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |               to use KDE."