On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 09:18:47PM +0200, Philip Frei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an Asus S5200N notebook:
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "ASUSTeK Computer Inc.        "
>     sys_product  = "S5N       "
>     sys_version  = "1.0       "
>     bios_version = "0213
>
> I followed the steps on the opensuse page to get s2ram working. With
> framebuffer disabled I could sucessfully suspend and resume my notebook
> with "s2ram -f".
>
> With framebuffer enabled, it only worked with "s2ram -f -s".
> But after resume there are green pipes at the top of the screen.

These are normal and just cosmetic.

> The disappeared after "clear".
>
> Maybe you want to know that I succefully suspend/resume from X with
> framebuffer enabled and kernel option acpi_sleep=s3_bios.
> But it tooks a long time until the screen is back.

>From your description, i'd guess that it also would just work
with "s2ram -f -a3" (-a 1 is the same as acpi_sleep=s3_bios and -a 2 helps
on most machines that work with "-s" and don't crash on any "-a" option,
both combined give "-a3").
Could you test that? It should work from both framebuffer and X.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"