On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:36:59AM +0100, Einon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I checked what you asked. Rebooted my notebook in text-only (single)
> mode, and tried the s2ram with all the parameter variations shown on
> the documentation page. The result was the same every time:
>
> suspended into ram successfully, but when I pressed a key on the
> keyboad (my bios does not "feel" the 'lid open') my machine
> rebooted.
>
> Every time.

Hm. That's strange. I only know of Dell's that reboot instead of resume
when using "s2ram -f -a X", or of machines that simply hang with
"s2ram -f -p", but rebooting with "-p" is new.

> After that (in case I did something wrong) I, again, tested 's2ram -f'
> from X, and it succeded in suspending and resuming perfectly.
>
> I don't really understand this.

me too :-)

> I use
>       distro: Debian "Etch" GNU/Linux
>       kernel: stock kernel (2.6.17-2-686),
>       uswsusp: 0.3~cvs20060928-1
>
> Shall I try a new version from CVS ?

I don't think it will help. I'll just put it into the whitelist with
a comment that it only works from X...
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"