On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 01:31:35PM +0200, sir_j wrote:
> hi, Stefan.
> Thanks for your answer.

If you keep the suspend-devel list cc-ed, you might even get faster answers
:-)

> Here is my another output

> uname -a
> Linux sirj 2.6.17 #3 SMP Sun Sep 10 21:16:37 EEST 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
> s2ram
> Machine is unknown.
> This machine can be identified by:
>    sys_vendor   = "System manufacturer"
>    sys_product  = "System Product Name"
>    sys_version  = "System Version"
>    bios_version = "0702   "
> See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
>
> If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.
> cat /proc/sys/kernel/acpi_video_flags
> 2
> s2ram -f -a 2
> Switching from vt1 to vt1
> s2ram_do: Operation not permitted

Hm, this looks like either you are not running as root, the BIOS says it
cannot suspend or the kernel has no support for it.

Look what's inside /sys/power/state

> switching back to vt1
>
> I can notice that on windows xp suspend to ram works good
>
> What is wrong with my machine or my linux distro ?
>
> my configuration/hardware is
>
> motherboard a8n-vm, nforce410
> video gf6100 (driver nvidia 1.0.8776)

always try without binary drivers.

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"