I have solved the keyboard problem compiling as module i8042, and
unloading it before suspend to ram.
In addition I have found that without unloading the i8042 (or using it
as builtin), if the network card is not connected, the IRQ associated
to keyboard and touchpad (controlled by i8042) are lost. To make it
work you need to use irqpoll, that has many side effects. Using
irqpoll, if you enable i8042 debug, you can easily see that there are
many irqs with no data. This is weird.
In addition, using windows, I noticed that the keyboard is also
disabled (it gets working some seconds after the machine is resumed).
So I think that it's a bad bios bug, that gets a workaround in this
way.

You have also not specified that a kernel with ahci suspend and resume
support is needed. This can be 2.6.18-mm* or 2.6.19-rc*. I'm using now
2.6.19-rc6 (with i8042 as module and no irqpoll).
What is the kernel bug number about the keyboard problem?

Regarding using vbetool post, if I'm using aiglx, or some opengl app,
the machine freezes. If I don't use vbetool, I can easily turn on
monitor backlight using the brightness keys (which are controlled by
bios). So I don't use vbetool post.
Does anyone knows how get raw input from keyboard? Debugging the
suspend problem, I noticed that brightness keys generate
interrupts....

Bye!
Emilio Scalise