Hi,

(adding the suspend-devel list to cc: to get your findings into the mail
archive :-)

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 08:00:55PM -0500, Allen wrote:
> sys_vendor   = "Dell Computer Corporation"
> sys_product  = "Dimension 3000               "
> sys_version  = ""
> bios_version = "A02"

Is that a desktop machine with onboard graphics?

> Options that work:
>
>       s2ram -f -p
>       s2ram -f -p -m

Good. "-p -m" is probably safest.

> Options that don't work:
>
>       s2ram -f (restarts X server)
>       s2ram -f -a 1 (resume causes reboot)
>       s2ram -f -a 2 (resume causes reboot)
>       s2ram -f -a 3 (resume causes reboot)

Yes, -a X is known to behave that way on Dell machines.

>       s2ram -f -s (screen not fully redrawn)
>       s2ram -f -m (restarts X server)
>       s2ram -f -p -s (screen not fully redrawn)
>       s2ram -f -m -s (screen not fully redrawn)
>
> FYI, I have an Atheros wireless card in this desktop and no luck restoring
> the
> connection between the nic and the base station when resuming from suspend to
> ram, tried with and without networkmanager, but who knows, maybe it's the
> router.

You probably need to reload the driver for the card. Report this to the driver
authors to get it fixed, it is outside the scope of the s2ram program :-)

Thanks for testing

    Stefan

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"