On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:35:29AM +0100, Yaroslav Latyshev wrote:

> I thought if you don't store the VGA settings it will kill the soft bios
> patch... Ah well :)

No, it should not. Actually, during resume we will use the patched BIOS to
POST the card, since all memory state should be preserved via S3.

> > Could you try "-p -m" and "-p -s" also, which are slightly "more safe"
> > than plain "-s"?
>
> "-p -m" kills the display if done from X11 (garbage on screen, screen
> slowly going from black to white... scary), but switching away from X
> and back to it restores the picture.

Ok, it seems i need to get a machine where this happens to find out why...

> "-p -s" works fine from X.

Good, so i'll take that one for now.

> > Thanks for testing,
>
> Thanks for the tool!
>
> BTW could the s2ram options be included in s2both? Otherwise it is
> useless until the machine is in the whitelist, which is a pity.

Of course. It's just that nobody has sent a patch that implements this
up to now :-)

If nobody does it, i'll probably finally cough up something, but it is
not the highest priority for me right now.

Best regards,

    Stefan

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"