On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:53:08PM +0100, Hanspeter Kunz wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 20:27 +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 07:11:02PM +0100, Hanspeter Kunz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm happy to report that s2ram -f works on my machine (a Panasonic
> > > CF-R3) on Debian Sid.
> >
> > Good.
> > >
> > > This machine can be identified by:
> > >     sys_vendor   = "Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.,Ltd."
> > >     sys_product  = "CF-R3EW4AXP"
> > >     sys_version  = "002"
> > >     bios_version = "V2.00L11"
> > >
> > > Xorg needs to be configured to use SWCursor, otherwise there is no mouse
> > > pointer after resuming.
> >
> > Does it also work from text console or only from X?
>
> The exact same things happen, no matter if I'm suspending from console
> or X.
>
> > I have been successful on
> > my CF-51 with "-f -p -m" without having to much around with X settings.
>
> Well, that did the trick. Thanks!
>
> Therefore, the CF-R3 (see above) could be added to the list of known
> machines.

Ok, so i updated the whitelist entry for that machine to use "-p -m".

Thanks for testing.

> > But
> > only with pretty recent X server releases (running 7.1.99.902, (7.2.0 RC2),
> > probably even patched further right now).
>
> I'm using xorg 7.1.0 (from debian sid). Still seems to work.

You might be lucky with your version of the i810 driver :-) For me it did
not work too well for a long time (strange corruptions some time after resume)
but it does now.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"