On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 02:59:45PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I think we should start to actually turn on compiler warnings (we can still
> > decide which ones to ignore and which ones to fix :-)
>
> I'd prefer to only enable warnings that do not trigger (and/or take a
> patch that cleans them up when they are enabled...)

Did you try it? Some of the warnings are looking like they could really be
errors in the code.

If we don't add the "-W", we can also take out the "-Wall", because it right
now does nothing.

These are the warnings i get. The "<0 is always false" sound most serious to
me:
suspend.c: In function ‘write_area’:
suspend.c:232: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c: In function ‘mark_swap’:
suspend.c:536: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c:539: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c:547: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c:550: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c: In function ‘reset_signature’:
suspend.c:682: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c:687: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c:699: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
suspend.c:701: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
swap-offset.c: In function ‘main’:
swap-offset.c:88: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
resume.c: In function ‘swap_read_page’:
resume.c:307: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false
resume.c:328: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false
resume.c: In function ‘open_resume_dev’:
resume.c:547: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
resume.c:550: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
resume.c: In function ‘read_image’:
resume.c:704: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
resume.c:708: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"