On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 10:30:34AM -0500, Roderick Schertler wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:26:32 +0100, Stefan Seyfried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> > +   /* Z61m From: Roderick Schertler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> */
> > +           { "LENOVO",                     "",     "ThinkPad Z61m",
> > "", 0 },
> [...]
> >
> > Does it work from text mode and from X? Or only from X?
>
> Sorry, I hadn't tried it from text mode, and it didn't work (the back light
> didn't come on).
>
> With -a 1 the backlight came on and everything seemed okay, but I see
> that all of the other Lenovo Thinkpad entries are using both S3_BIOS and
> S3_MODE so I'm suspicious of my results.  Is there something else I
> should test?  Or perhaps I should just use both even though S3_BIOS
> seemed to work on its own?

You are probably using plain VGA console, where usually no difference
between S3_BIOS and S3BIOS|S3_MODE can be seen. It does, however, affect
vesafb for example. So if "-a 3" also works for you, i would use this in
the whitelist, since actually the risk on ThinkPads to suddenly change
in this regard is pretty low IMO :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"