"Stefan Seyfried" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 03:30:22PM +0100, Michael Hohmuth wrote:

>> > Are you using a framebuffeer consule or plain VGA?
>>
>> Framebuffer.
>
> May i ask which one? I got a report of a
[ similar notebook with older BIOS ]
> Which needs the same options as yours, but additionally needs vga=0.

Even when resuming in the single-user test environment, that is,
without X11?  (I should note that I'm using ATI's closed-source Xorg
driver and haven't tried resuming X11 without it.)

> You can probably find out the framebuffer driver you are using from
> "cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name", reading the kernel code this would
> say "VGA16 VGA" in that case.

I'm using the VESA framebuffer that OpenSUSE 10.2 has configured
during installation.  /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name confirms it, saying
"VESA VGA".

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Hohmuth
AMD Operating Systems Research Center, Dresden