On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 21:16 +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:

> OK, have to see what liblzf claims to support. But compression is not
> essential, lets first see if we can get it to work without.

True. Getting -ENOSPC is a bit weird, should be easy to find though.

> >  - resume needs to grow a timeout on the question -- my laptop has USB
> >    keyboard only and interaction with it isn't possible during boot.
>
> I thought that the kernel had support for that, maybe that is dependent
> on your machine... Anyway, I think we can do a timeout.

Yeah, I think I could build in USB, but it has been really flaky with
suspend to disk and I always need to reload the modules after waking up.
I'd rather have that than have it built in ;)

> >  - is it possible to resume an image the kernel wrote, or will resume
> >    ignore it and I can still use echo ... > /sys/power/resume?
>
> It will ignore it (and vice versa). They both write a sightly different
> signature on disk.

Great.

> >  - on my machine, resume is unable to read the image and prints a huge
> >    message. I made sure that I'm booting the exact kernel and everything
> >    so I don't know why it tells me that the image isn't usable.
>
> Hmm, that is a bit disappointing, I had hoped suspend was written clean
> enough that it would run on powerpc too...
> I don't have that much experience with powerpc, but they are
> big-endian, right?

Yes, it's BE.

> Judging from what message your get it is mostly likely failing in
> init_swap_reader, but that is just a guess. It would help if you could
> pinpoint where resume fails. It is not that much code, so if you feel
> like it, maybe you could add some printfs;)

Busy right now, maybe I can take a look later. It seems to just not read
the stuff it wrote itself correctly which is rather strange.

johannes