On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 08:38:29PM +0200, TRex2003 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Compaq N610c with debian testing installed. s2disk is working
> fine, but s2ram...i don´t get it working.
>
> Tested (with init=/bin/bash):

[ all combinations ]

> and
>
> > ATI Graphics Chipsets
> > Lately many machines i came across with ATI Radeon graphics chipsets did
> > not work with any framebuffer (usually they hung inside the BIOS, not
> > even capslock did work after trying to resume). They often worked fine
> > with "vga=0" and "s2ram -f -p -m" or "s2ram -f -p -s".

So you did also try with "vga=0"? I think that debian uses vga console per
default, but i am not sure.

> It´s a 2.6.20.4 Kernel from kernel.org. I also have a 2.6.18.3/4 Kernel
> installed..i tried there before.
>
> System overview:
>
> Pentium 4 Mobile 2Ghz
> ATI Radeon 7500 Mobile

> Do you have any idea? In Windows XP, S3 is working fine. I have read, that
> n620c is in the whitelist. Where´s the difference?

The n620 has a Pentium M ("centrino"), not a Pentium 4, so it seems to be
very different.

What are the symptoms of "don't get it working"? Does it hang inside the
kernel (no capslock reaction?), does "only" the light stay off?
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."