On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 09:22:20PM +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> Luca Tettamanti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, it's possible to do something like this:
> >
> > int s2ram_default_do(void) {
> >         use /s/p/s
> > }
> >
> > __attribute__((weak)) int s2ram_do(void) {
> >         return s2ram_default_do();
> > }
> >
> > and then in PPC code:
> >
> > int s2ram_do(void) {
> >         poke PMU;
> >
> >         return s2ram_default_do();
> > }
>
> I must confess that I didn't know about these fancy weak-linking stuff,
> learned something new;) To me it seems a bit overkill, but logically it
> seems the OK, so be my guest...

For me, as a not-so-experienced C programmer, it is probably easier to
understand why there is some ppc-specific code in main(), either #ifdef'd
directly or simply where i know that this function is defined as NULL in
the !PPC case.

But i think i will also learn about this weak linking stuff if i actually
need to, so i don't care too much which way we go either ;-)

Greetings,

     Stefan

--
Stefan Seyfried