This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "Acer, inc."
    sys_product  = "Aspire 5580     "
    sys_version  = "Not Applicable"
    bios_version = "v1.3206"

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty server (kernel 2.6.20). I've never got s2ram
to work for quite some time (began at 2.6.9). I've tried all proposed
work arounds with the stock kernels and my customized kernel.

All of the time, the machine resumed from suspend perfectly (sound,
network card and the others worked), except the video. It didn't work in
plain console, with or without vesafb so I didn't bother to test it in
X. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, CPU Intel Core 2 Duo
T5500.

Will anyone with a similar model report about how theirs worked ?. Is
there any other work around that I missed ?.

Thanks.