Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> I have a Dell XPS M1210 box with Core Duo 2 Ghz, 2G RAM and an nVIDIA
> GeForce Go 7400 GPU (and I'm using the proprietary nvidia modules) running
> on a Debian box.
>
>>From the very beginning I'd never had success in getting this box to
>>support
> sw suspend. But amazingly with 2.6.20 (no extra patches), sw susp "Just
> Works" :-)  I'm not using any of the s2* tools to do the suspend but do it
> just from my desktop using KPowerSave.
> I have a TwinView (Xinerama) setup, and the box suspends and resumes
> perfectly. No application restarts required - nothing.

One thing that surprised me the most is that one application can cause
suspend failure where as the other can show suspend success.

I had forgotten to mention that swsusp works perfect for me when using
kpowersave to do the suspend/resume.
But surprisingly when I use klaptopdaemon (which currently is the default
application in KDE for software suspend), my laptop will not suspend at
all.

This is all that was logged into syslog when the suspend failure occurred
using klaptopdaemon

May 11 18:47:04 learner -- MARK --
May 11 19:06:44 learner kernel: Disabling non-boot CPUs ...
May 11 19:06:45 learner kernel: CPU 1 is now offline
May 11 19:06:45 learner kernel: SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
May 11 19:06:45 learner kernel: CPU1 is down
May 11 22:37:14 learner syslogd 1.4.1#20: restart.
May 11 22:37:14 learner kernel: klogd 1.4.1#20, log source = /proc/kmsg
started.

Looking into /var/log/ revealed that powermanager does a lot of additional
work to make sure that the OS suspends properly.

Thanks,
Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.