Good day,
I have managed to get a Clevo D470K working with s2ram under the following
conditions:
Bios, OS set to "other", not Win9x/xp
Video driver using radeon from xorg NOT fglrx

vga=0
I have additionaly got acpi_sleep=s3_bios in lilo, but i assume its actualy
unescesary.

sys_vendor   = "VIA"
sys_product  = "K8T400"
sys_version  = "VT8204B "
bios_version = "4.06CJ15   "
c=console, vga=o
X=X (AIGLX, w beryl),vga=0 also needed
     x=dosn't work, n=no-video, w=working
                                   c    X
s2ram -f -a 1              n    w
s2ram -f -a 2              n    w
s2ram -f -a 3              n    w
s2ram -f -p -m            w    w
s2ram -f -p -s             w    w
s2ram -f -m                n    w
s2ram -f -s                 x+   didntbother
s2ram -f -p                 w    w*
s2ram -f -a 1 -m         n    w*
s2ram -f -a 1 -s          x+   x+

+) Restarts, but massive video corruption and two blinking leds.system
locked
*) background video corruption, minor
All results with no-video, came back to life when "vbetool post" was isued
(blind).

I tried with X server and vga=0x713 but didnt work. In the past when using
the fglrx driver I have amanged to resume from X with bootsplash. This didnt
work for some reason so I tried your utility. It turns out that the critical
thing with this machine is to set the OS in bios to Other.
I will try again sometime in the future when fglrx sorts itself out with the
new debian naming scheme and Xgl starts working again.
Is there a way to get s2ram to run a script before and after resume (or one
script with some envirionment variables set), Or is the scope of s2ram to be
included in some such suspend script.

On a similar but other not (if i need to start a new thread please let me
know).
I tried with s2ram and hibernae-ram, with hibernate-ram settings all having
vbetool post restore etc. etc. For some reason hibernate-ram failed. even
failed to restore, not just video. I know its not your problem... when I
tried hibernate-disk this failed at video re-initialisaton. SO I tried
s2disk, and am currenly have no luck with this.
using kernel 2.6.21.1 with ramdisk and initrd, ext2 suspend (suspend not
suspend2) compiled in, i tried with the debian initrd generated by mkinitrd
, which is supposed to work, but didnt, and with the initrd made as per the
howto.
On boot I got a warning about a stale resume image that was being ignored.
I wonder if this is to do with  reiserfs being checked before resuming
starting. Hence: how can resume be started before fsck.
To usemkinitrd with debian, is there anyspecial thing I have to do? The
generated initrd didnt have resume in it anywhere when it was mounted, but
theres loads of uswsusp stuff installed in mkinitrd hooks and scripts etc.

TIA

Jasper