On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 01:10:52PM +0200, Petric Frank wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i got a Z61m with ATi X1400 and 1680x1050 display. Due to this i have ti use
> the closed source fglrx driver to get X with the native display resolution.
>
> This is what "s2ram -i" (Version 0.5) emits:
> --------------- cut --------------
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "LENOVO"
>     sys_product  = "9450HAG"
>     sys_version  = "ThinkPad Z61m"
>     bios_version = "7FET96WW (2.14 )"
> See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
>
> If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.
> --------------- cut --------------
>
> In text mode (framebuffer vesafb) suspend works using the vbe options (see
> table below). However in graphical mode it seems to restore well, but when
> switching to vt7 (the X display) the display goes black and thats it. None of
> the s2ram option goes to work.
>
> Here is the table of options (use fixed font !):
>
> Option  | works in text mode ? | works in X
> --------+----------------------+------------
> -a 1    | no                   | no
> -a 2    | no                   | no
> -a 3    | no                   | no

That's pretty interesting, since this would be one of the few ThinkPads that
do not work with "-a 3". But maybe Lenovo finally managed to screw those
machines ;-)

> -p -m   | yes                  | no

Ok, so i'd take this one.

> It seems that the fglrx driver has a problem at suspending. This also applies
> when suspending to disk using hibernate (version 1.94 from www.suspend2.net).
>
> So - are there any hints for me to get it working under X.

Try the fglrx driver without loading the fglrx kernel module. It won't do 3d,
but it will get you native resolution of the display.

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)