On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 07:25:11PM -0600, Xavier Callejas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My laptop is this:
>
> # s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "TOSHIBA"
>     sys_product  = "Satellite A70"
>     sys_version  = "* "
>     bios_version = "V1.50"
>
> kernel: 2.6.22-rc3-git2-47
>
> openSUSE 10.2
>
> It get hanged at resume from s2ram, no keyboard (no capslock), no screen.
> Only
> leds turn green. Need force a shutdown.
>
> Beeping patch never maked a sound at resuming.

Apropos beeping patch.

Pavel, couldn't we get something like that into mainline (pseudo code,
i never used the beeping patch since it is too much of a hassle):

during suspend

        if (debug_sleep_beep)
                beep();
        do_really_enter_acpi_lowlevel_stuff_in_bios;
        /* here we resumed */
        if (debug_sleep_beep)
                beep();

and debug_sleep_beep can be either a boot parameter or a sysctl.
So that everybody can easily find out "machine returned from BIOS or it
did not". This will help debugging.

Maybe on resume {beep();msleep (200);} at various places during resume, so
that we know "ok, it beeped 3 times before hanging, so it hung =>HERE.

No, i cannot do the patch, but if the idea is deemed useful, i could bully
somebody into doing it ;-))

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)