Hi there,

my machine is identified as follows:

This machine can be identified by:
     sys_vendor   = "Compaq "
     sys_product  = "Evo N800w                       "
     sys_version  = "F.11"
     bios_version = "68P4W Ver. F.11"

It is not in the whitelist and doesn't work out of the box with s2ram -f, so I
did a bit of testing and finally had success with

s2ram -f -a 2 -p -m

(it also works with -a 3)

Both the a and p,m flags seem to be needed, since without the a flag the
computer locks completely (find / doesn't do anything), and without the p and m
flag the display doesn't come back on.

Thanks again for the great software!

joel

PS1: is there a way to get the "suspend" menu item in gnome on my F7 to call
s2ram? The default doesn't work.

PS2: You guys might want to add a couple -lz to the makefile, I had to manually
patch it to get it to link to the library on my F7.
--
Joël Schaerer
PhD. Student