On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 01:50:12 +0300
"Alon Bar-Lev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The question is: Why cannot I switch from one vt to another during image
> write?
> I guess some lock out somewhere at freeze something...
> I will be glad to be able to switch from silent to verbose modes
> during image write.

At some point I added an explicit lock against switching VTs at some
point. IIRC, this is to be sure we save a consistent state.

> Also, and unrelated, using radeonfb, during snapshot the screen goes
> black, and returns after a few seconds... This is kernel related...
> Maybe there is a way to tell the framebuffer not to blackout?

I guess this is when freeze is called. I think this is with all fb
(although here it isn't seconds) I think it has something to do with
telling all devices to prepare for suspend or so... but Rafael probably
knows more about that.

grts Tim