Hello,

    Interesting. I always understood the role of a turbocharger or any other
supercharger, was one of filling the engines cylinders, more efficiently as
compared to, normally aspirated engines.  Is the role of the exhaust heat
about more spinning the turbocharger and not vaporizing? Particularly on
diesel engines, where there is no air/fuel mixture being compressed and I
would think it would be desirable to have the optimum A/F ratio before
supercharging on gasoline and ethanol engines   I hope to make clear my
point on vaporizing later.

Steve was using his experience with propane fueled vehicles as an example. I
don't what is meant by a "LPG vaporizer" because what is drawn from the tank
is already a gas(vapor), in my experience anyway and there's nothing to
vaporize, however there is a regulator on the engine that controls the
amount of gas entering the engine carb/manifold. The reason there is liquid
in the storage tanks/bottles is because the gas is compress to a pressure
that allows the gas to take a liquid form.  Ethanol like water is a liquid
an athomosheric<sp?> pressure.  To get a gas(vapor) from ethanol that could
be drawn off and put to use as compared to propane, it would have to be
heated in a closed vessel.  I don't know the temputures at which either
ethanol or gasoline become a gas(vapor), perhaps the heat of a turbocharger
may be beneficial. I still have my doubts about preheating the fuel before
it's mixed with the air, fuel injection engines a big *maybe* on carburated
engines, the term vaporlock comes to mind.
Doug, N0LKK

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/5/_/837408/_/970961320/