From: Basil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: biofuel@egroups.com <biofuel@egroups.com>
Date: Thursday, November 23, 2000 9:40 PM
Subject: [biofuel] Automated Ethanol Still for home/farm production

  A short while ago an automated biodiesel machine was located somewhere in Japan. Although you said it was expensive (what is the price anyway?) it none the less sounded encouraging.

Isn't there a company somewhere in the world that manufactures an automated easy to use Ethanol unit suitable for home/farm production? Add the biomass and other ingredients and push a button?  We have an abundance of biomass in the form of Prickly Pears (Opuntia Cactaceae). I have heard of a farmer in the Eastern Cape (South Africa) that uses Prickly Pears to produce ethanol (Unfortunately I don't have any details   --- Has anyone else heard of him? -- I can't find any info on the net about this guy).

There has to be at least some retired/able chemical engineers out there who could design a unit that is safe, auto regulated and that could produce between 50 to 100 litres of ethanol per day and that could be easily assembled with all the parts provided. I am sure there would be a large enough market for this device. My dream Ethanol Unit would use a solar concentrator to provide the required energy -- we have a lot of sun in the Karoo. If there was such an engineer/device then I would fly out and check it out personally   --- pity Robert Warren didn't understand that this site is about empowering individuals/communities to be energy self-sufficient. Nothing wrong with wanting to make a buck but then at least be transparent and open about it. Though, I do think that most of the people involved with this group would share without prejudice anything they discovered with everyone else. Afterall not sharing info ultimately led to petro-slavery (such an apt way to put it Pedro). I love reading the e-mails from this group -- even the bitchy ones somehow add to the sense of community. That said; anyone want to share their design for cold nuclear fusion (or is that fission I always forget which) with me/the world??

I too ordered the Charles 803 plans. They will probably arrive soon. oh well all is all is meant to be. Perhaps Mr Warren thought the world owed him after 20 years of thankless work. God the way he made it sound, you could set up a mini to medium industry with this still!! Want to produce more? Heck no problem, just connect em in series.........

Looking forward

Thanks for great site/list

Dion de Lange

eGroups Sponsor