Am in the recycling game so have a ready supply of near new radiators albeit
slightly bent. Which first started me thinking along these lines.
Cant yet find a laser cutter in Perth but there must be one here somewhere.

John sounds to me as if you dont need a lot of help and can probably fairly quickly sought things out. If you can get almost new radiators all the better. Laser cutting machines tend to start around the 300,000 to 400,000 mark and very quickly go up to 3/4 million. They are generally used in the engineering indusry for cutting out repititious complex and more simpler modular components. On small panel work they can cut within 0.1mm so are extremely precise and come into their own when someone wants hundreds of components all the same shape and size. At the prices above there is not many of them around. Try some of the larger engineering firms around Perth who may be able to put you on to one. One or two of the larger ss suppliers may have one or be able to put you on to one. Or ring a welding gas supplier like BOC Gas or AirLiquide as I think its argon they use.
Another thought is the really high pressure water cutters ss sheet metal suppliers use.

Heat for the still will be from a heatpump driven by a 10 horse honda motor
running on biogas.will be very much a trial and error affair but should work
OK.

Sounds interesting and looks like your on to it

Have all the control gear as long as my programming for the PLC holds up
Its interesting writing programs when you are not sure what you want to
achieve!!

If you have someone you can run an idea past and who is good at the same thing you will be able to quickly decide what you want to do and be able to do it. So often I see situations where one guy is brilliant at what he does and something has come to a grinding halt because he cant find the time to sort out minor design or programming problems as all his time is required to run the business  and it all has to wait until he can find the time.

The most readily available form of fermentation stock here is cereal grains
which I will fall back on If I cant get a consistant supply of household
biodegradeables that I can find a treatment for. The other thing here at
this
time of year is acres of paddy melons (Cucurbitaceae,Citrullus,lanatus)which
are
inedible (or at least very bitter) melons about 75 to 100mm diameter. will
have to run a batch through the hammer mill and see if they ferment.
Have looked at the Ag sites that I can find and can't find a guide to sugar
content or type in the melons. Guess if I get a packet of the yeast for
watermelon
wine It should work.

Ring your local dept of Agriculture and ask at a high enough level and someone is sure to know or be able to put you on to someone who does. You may need need enzymes to help break them down
Like most problems the answer is in thinking laterally.
Good luck with your efforts. Let us know how you get on.
B.r.,  David

eGroups Sponsor
Click Here!