At 01:47 PM 12/29/2000 -0700, you wrote:

> > Grendel,
> >                You can bet your bottom dollar  they do and continue to do
> > it. Both the United States and the European Common Market who bleat so
>much
> > about free trade and fairness jealously protect their markets and pay
>large
> > subsidies.
>

>OK, so who do we talk to about the feasibility of changing this? It wouldn't
>have to be *good* corn, the picture perfect stuff they want for
>supermarkets, just some friggin corn for ethanol....

It's all base on the "Golden Rule"
The farmer will do whatever will make him the most money.
The money they get for setting aside some land is not enough
to produce a crop.
So one question would be do you want the taxpayer to shell out more
to the farmer so he will plant more corn?
They have the ability to produce more of whatever is wanted.
But no one is willing to pay them for their product.

Tee

>It's all base on the "Golden Rule"
>The farmer will do whatever will make him the most money.
>The money they get for setting aside some land is not enough
>to produce a crop.
>So the question would be do you want the taxpayer to shell out more
>to the farmer so he will plant more corn?
>They have the ability to produce more of whatever is wanted.
>But know one is willing to pay them for their product.
>
>Tee

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/837408/_/978127869/