Dear All,

Happy New Year!

But this news is not yet news here in this part of the Philippines where I
am now.
If this news came from Secretary Tiaoqui, we have all the more reason not
to believe it.
It is just as non-sense as saying that the prices of oil in the Philippines
has just dropped a cent.
How can the Philippine Government implement the Clean Air Act throughout
the Philippines if
the government is still under the control of the Big 3 (Petron, Shell and
Caltex) ... this may be a
sweeping statement but just look at how the Philippine affair is doing
right now.

Don;t believe anything from the news especially if the source is the
Philippine Government.

At 05:17 AM 12/30/00 +0900, you wrote:
>http://enn.com/news/wire-stories/2000/12/12272000/upi_gas_41029.asp
>
>Philippine oil companies put lid on leaded gas
>
>Wednesday, December 27, 2000
>
>By Xinhua News Agency
>
>The Philippine government said Wednesday that the country has been
>successful in its shift to unleaded gasoline use, as leaded gasoline
>was completely phased out from the market since last week.
>
>Energy Secretary Mario Tiaoqui said oil companies have stopped
>selling leaded gasoline since last week, in accordance with the
>Philippine Clean Air Act of 1999.
>
>The implementing rules and regulations of the Clean Air Act which
>were approved last month, specifically state that all lead-containing
>petroleum products should be completely phased out from the market by
>Dec. 23, 2000.
>
>"The oil companies gave notice to the Department of Energy that their
>dealers all over the country have now replaced their leaded gasoline
>stock with unleaded gasoline," Tiaoqui said in a statement.
>
>Copyright 2000, Comtex
>

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Peoples' Movementt for Empowerment and Development
Leyte Project Office
0601 San Salvador St., 6501 Palo, Leyte, Philippines
+63 53 3237515

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/837408/_/978259473/