i am happy to announce that i have already put 250 k plus on my fiat uno,
with ron novak's suggested water/alcohol mister.

and it runs exactly as novak said it would !!

my fiat uno is a nov '99 unit, with 20000 k on the clock, impeccably driven
and kept by yours truly since factory new. i drive it in my farmwork, mostly
20 to 40 k. trips. i normally drive 1500 k per month, rarely over 80 kph.
(poor roads/economy)

the engine is the latest fiat indirect electronic injection 1300 cc engine.
it has a five speed gearbox, and will push the car to 160 kph. it is a very
peppy and economical car. my best mileage so far has been 17.6 k/liter of
high test gas, which sells locally for us$ 1.15 a liter (that's more than
four bucks a gallon guys !!!)

it's a hard show to beat in economy and agility.

enter ron novaks device :

i used a 2 liter tupperware with a 'double' lid. the big lid covers the
container, and has a smaller lid used to pour-out the contents without
removing the big lid. all components are mounted on the big lid.

the airstone is a std one, 19 mm diameter x 22 mm long

all piping is 4 mm id pvc crystal tubing.

mist enters the engine via a very convenient 4 mm od tube placed in the
intake manifold just above the vacuum take-off for the power brakes. i
suspect this is used for the airconditioner, which my car does not have.

all in all it's a very simple, straightforward installation. that tube on
the manifold was a real bonus !!!

i put in an aquarium valve, but have never used it, so i'm deleting it from
the next unit. disconnect is just as easy by just pulling the tube, and
replacing it with the factory plug.

one less thing that might leak, or go wrong. KISS,  what ?

when the engine starts it speeds up for the first couple  of seconds until
the vacuum starts acting on the fluid/airstone. then it goes back to normal.

the bubbling must be seen to be believed.  after a minute or so a one cm
thick 'foam' layer  forms on top of the alcohol/water mixture. this could be
due to water, which being well water is quite hard. anyways, it looks like a
beer with a collapsed head on it.

acceleration improves noticeably. low end torque improves quite bit.  it
like driving an automatic four speed car, with cruise control.  i farm in
southwest uruguay, and it's hilly terrain, plus i drive slow (80 kph tops),
so some downshifting to 4th gear was required once in a while.

since i put the mister in, downshifting is history. i will be driving uphill
at 60 kph, punch the gas, and smile as the fiat uno smoothly accelerates to
80 kph with nary a knock or shudder.

i'm using a mixture of 350 cc ethanol and 1150 cc well water. will try other
mixes later on.

have not run mileage trials yet. they start next week.

everything considered, the five dollars or so invested have provided me with
a vehicle that is much easier to drive, and has better performance on the
road. that alone was worth the money spent.

now to add a hydrogen boost, and i'll be in clover...

but first i'll test this unit thoroughly, and provide the data as it becomes
available.

if you have a fish shop nearby, and can locate a 4 mm (or 1/8") intake point
somewhere in your intake circuit, you could have a lot of fun checking this
out.

experimenting can't get any cheaper than this !!!

dick carlstein