Yes, Dale's biodiesel processor setup as described on his website looks very
useful.
http://home.swbell.net/scrof/Biod_Proc.html
One aspect might be more than a little daunting for backyard experimenters
though.  Not everyone has friends with a spare vacuum pump, so I should like
to share an idea I am working on for just this purpose.  Any model aircraft
engine (2 stroke or 4 stroke) can be made to work as a vacuum pump.  All you
need to do is:
*    Remove the glowplug to reduce heat generation by adiabatic compression
*    Spin the engine with an electric motor
*    Connect the vacuum tube to the air intake
*    Connect an oil supply to the needle valve (biodiesel is good lube)

This setup certainly works, but I haven't tested it to the 25"hg mentioned
by Dale.

David Teal