I think that i the future we will have many different sustems to generate,
store, and use energy. I also think that the niftiest, most efficient car is
still going to be stuck in traffic most of its life. We as a people need to
figue re out a way to communicate, cooperate, and work together to subvert
the power of money and government that makes it so hard to do things that
are good for people and not profits.
 A factual and in depth discussion of s subject need not resort to name
calling. Different systems will work better in different situations. I am
making biodiesel, I will also be building an electric ar, and probably
installing a solar system to help charge it, and provide some elctricity to
my neighbors at peak times, even thoughit is not the best economic choice,
because for me these things are not that difficult, and seem to be something
I canb do that is good. I may even try a little cogen w/B-D , we'll see. In
the mean time, keep sendin' in the info, but be respectful, as all this bile
is making me uncomfortable.
anton

>My good People
>    Since we seem a bit  worked up about EV's, I might as well through my
>two cents in. The problem I see about EV's is that they seem to stress an
>already tired infrastructure. California anyone?? I realize that there are
>regulation issues involved but doesn't it really boil down to, Nobody wants
>a powerplant or highline tower in their backyard!!
>    Wouldn't it be sensible to stretch the infrastructure that is already in
>place by having small 60-100kw powerplants on farms running off renewable
>energy. I can just see the flurry of calculations coming now abaout how many
>this would take to make a significant difference.
>    The winning answer is 1. One such installation will save my farm from
>inevitable finnacial ruin and provide power to  10-15 homes. Sorry,
>Biodiesel isn't the fuel source. But it will run my wood processing
>equipment.
>
>Scott Nikolai

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details