model airplane engines are available that can be retrofitted with a kit to
run on dino and, presumeably biodiesel. I saw a website that alked about
using biodiesel, gaining efficiency and burning cleaner, but I don't know
where it is now. I know that most hobby hobby stores sell the engnes and
kits of which i speak. I don't know if they would be big enough,, but it
might be worth researching. keep in ind that the engines to which I refer
are the glow plug engines, which are technically diesels, although they draw
fuel through a carburetor adn are two stroke engines.n some of them make up
to 3 horsepower, though possibly low efficiency.
anton
----------
>From: "Travis Raybold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [biofuel] EV reason
>Date: Mar 27, 2001, 2:57 PM
>

>efficiency should be a huge concern too... im trying to develop an
>alternative vehicle for myself, and im finding that the source of energy
>(electric, biodiesel, etc.) is much less important than the size of the
>vehicle and its efficiency. if i can make a 150 pound fully enclosed
>vehicle, and get 500 mpg with it, that efficiency is more important to me
>than whether it is powered off of an ICE or electric batteries.
>
>as it turns out, i dont think there are any ICEs available in the size range
>that im looking (~25-35cc) for that burn clean enough, so ill probably go
>electric, but that means adding 100 pounds of batteries, so a tiny, clean
>burning ethanol or biodiesel engine would look pretty good. anyone converted
>a 4 stroke weedwhacker (ryobi?) engine to ethanol or anything? a 50cc
>moped/motorcycle engine might work too, and may have tighter emission
>controls. ideas?
>
> --travis

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/FZTVlB/TM