Howdy, I read the entire  Hynol  site, all 62 pages. It was
interesting, but not your ordinary backyard project.  They had a
lot of shoddy engineering-design,and shoddy fabrication.  It
states there is not much gain above 10 atm, yet they went with
30 atm's.  They would have saved a lot if they stuck with 10
atm's, as the entire shell, tee and reactor could have been much
lighter. They would have saved more with a lighter
superstructure.  Why they first tried greencast is a mystery to
me, greencast is used in ordinary 1 atm  kilns. The design
engineer should have known better. They could use the clinker
 amalgamated sand,ash and other residues) as an ingredient to
make bricks. Thus keeping it out of our landfills. The feeding
problem was obvious, anytime you create a shelf, things will
collect there. It should have been a tube all the way through.
They are useing a woodmeal and not woodchips, so a hammermill or
grinders are needed. The soleniod valve in the feed pipe should
be placed in a horizontal pipe so green woodmeal will not pack
downwards on a closed valve. Five years seems to be a long time
for a pilot project. But with all that grant money, I guess they
dont need to be in a hurry. stephen