Hundreds of millions of cubic feet of methane -- sometimes
called "swamp" or bio-gas -- are generated every year by the de-
composition of organic material. It's a near-twin of the natural gas
that big utility companies pump out of the ground and which so many
of us use for heating our homes and for cooking. Instead of being
harnessed like natural gas, however, methane has traditionally been
considered as merely a dangerous nuisance that should be gotten rid
of as fast as possible. Only recently have a few thoughtful men begun
to regard  methane as a potentially revolutionary source of
controllable energy.

Learn how to produce this gas yourself at
http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/methane.htm

--
Steve Spence
Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter:

Renewable Energy Pages - http://www.webconx.com
Palm Pilot Pages - http://www.webconx.com/palm
X10 Home Automation - http://www.webconx.com/x10
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(212) 894-3704 x3154 - voicemail/fax
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children.