From: "David Teal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: foggers

I wonder whether the improved
mpg figures you report are partly a result of being able to pull a higher
gear without labouring the engine.  Perhaps you have some subjective feel
for this?

*i think the improved mileage is due to improved engine efficiency, similar
to turbo-charging. with water's latent heat allowing a larger charge into
the combustion chamber, and steam also contributing, the net result is a
greater mean effective pressure. ergo, less fuel for the same power out.

*the greater flexibility evidenced in engine torque, and the reluctance to
pre-ignite, are two things that have me pretty well stumped. anybody out
there has any ideas on this ?

*and hey, wouldn't it be great if we could magically retrofit this to all
existing spark ic's and automatically reduce emissions by 6 to 10 percent ?
ah well, <sigh> it's nice having a good dream once in a while....

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 2:25 AM
Subject: Re: [biofuel] biodiesel car

> In any event, should you choose the Jetta and almost no matter the
> maintenance record, you should replace the timing belt immediately.

> I have never known a VW owner, Rabbit, Golf, Jetta, Pickup or other that
> provided themselves this assurance on the regular basis that they are
> recommended.

*i have and operate a 1.7 l. '81 rabbit, and have the shop manual for it. it
says nothing about replacing the belt. the belt tensioner does need
replacement when adequate tension can't be applied. the belt is essentially
not a rotable item. as long as you can tension it to specs you're aok. just
quoting the manual.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

...i'm using a honda integra 80's model using carburetor...

*where did you connect the fogger, munir ?

*keep an eye out for oil use too, besides fuel use, and let us know how you
fare !!!

*malaysia is pretty humid from what i understand, so it will be an
interesting experience, methinks.