[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 04/30/2001 5:37:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > *now, if you were to add a venturi tube BEFORE the throttle plate, you would
> > have a source of vacuum to operate your fogger with. but this, although
> > feasible, is not a simple as connecting the fogger into the engine's
> > induction system , on the engine  side of the throttle plate.
>
> With no vacuum available, why not install a tap in the exhaust and run it to
> a sealed
> container of the fluid to be fogged into the intake?
> The exhaust pressure would presumably be 0 at idle and go up with engine
> speed and load, so you could easily tailor the delivery.
> This is how fuel is delivered on my Radio controlled car.

I remember reading an article in IIRC Popular Mechanics many years ago
in which someone did just that.  They set a tap in a truck engine's
exhaust manifold, and sparged the exhaust gas through a container of
water.  The mist generated was then introduced into the inlet of the
carburettor through a tube that was about 1/2" in diameter.

--
Aviation is more than a hobby.  It is more than a job.  It is more than
a career.  Aviation is a way of life.