<<Subj:     Re: [biofuel]
Date:   4/29/2001 10:35:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:Ê Ê [EMAIL PROTECTED] (jerry dycus)
Reply-to:Ê Ê biofuel@yahoogroups.com
To:Ê Ê biofuel@yahoogroups.com

Ê Ê Hi Ian and All,
--- ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes there are THC free strains, (but the others are
> best ;) )
> ian
Ê ÊÊ I'll smoke to that;-)).
Ê Ê But beyound that hemp grows so fast it crowds out
any weeds quickly and it's a very light feeder, using
little or no pesticide or fertilizer.
Ê Ê The pounds of biomass /acre is hugh. Larger than
anything else.
Ê Ê Almost no labor either other than planting and
harvesting. 90 gals of biodiesel and 800/1000 gals of
methanol per crop and in Fla 4 to 5 crops a year. Hemp
is hard to beat.
Ê ÊÊ It's a great fabric and rope that will not rot.
Ê Ê As to why it's illegal in 1934 a machine was
designed to seperate the fibers economicly but had the
misfourtune to be at the same time as Dupont came out
with rayon, nylon . Popular Machanics declared hemp
the next billion dollar crop.
Ê Ê He was worried the hemp would steal his markets
that he gave J Randolf Hearst a bunch of Dupont stock
so Hearst would put out a bunch of stories in his
newspapers that hemp was a bad drug that only, racial
slurs for blacks and Mexicans, do it and become crazy,
ect.ÊÊ
ÊÊ Then in 1937 their cronies in congress passed the
law making it not a threat to Dupont anymore.
Ê Ê So here we are and one of the best , least side
effect medicines and the answer to our energy, farmer
problems and we can't use it. It shows that
politicians care more about posturing than helping our
country.
ÊÊ George Washington and Thomas Jefferson raised and
praised it , if it's good enough for them it's good
enough for me.
Ê Ê I'd like to sue the DEA for fraud, the lying scum.
Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê ÊÊ jerry dycus

[EMAIL PROTECTED]