Hello Dave

>Fellows BD'ers,
>Anyone with experience of the Land Rover 2 1/4 litre diesel engine with
>either straight veg oil and/or biodiesel? Failing that, Sherpa 2.5 diesel.
>Any changes to seals and/or timing required. Any info appreciated. Same as
>yours Keith, Lightweight 2.25 petrol in need of transplant (and the BD is
>easier than ethanol  - sure you'll understand).
>mad Dave UK

Yes, I understand! We ran our 109 diesel on biodiesel in Hong Kong,
but not for very long (we left). It worked fine, but the mileage
wasn't high enough for probs such as with rubber fuel system parts to
emerge. That's what you'll have to check - check this table:
"Durability of Various Plastics: Alcohols vs. Gasoline", see Methanol.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me2.html#table

Also, check the fuel filter often at first - bd loosens up all the
gunge dino-d leaves in the tank and elsewhere.

Are you sure you want to go for a Land Rover 2286 diesel mill? Ours
was okay, they're good, yes, but they could sure use more power. I'm
toying with the idea of a 3.9 Isuzu diesel, like the Australian Mark
1 (?) Land Rovers of circa 1980. Guys who have them love them. Might
be a bit big for a lightweight though. Also we want to have at least
one petrol vehicle.

>PS IMPORTANT VIRUS WARNING
>Latest from another newsgroup I'm on:
>e-mails with the sender "maurizio mencuccini" - delete it and don't open
>it - there's a virus in the attatchment. Someone put this out as a seperate
>message????

Thanks, but not a problem here - this list won't allow attachments.

Best wishes

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects