In a message dated 5/12/01 11:37:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Dear Philip,

      Either I did not make myself clear or you have a low comprehension for
English.  Either way you managed to subscribe yourself, so UNSUBSCRIBE
YOURSELF!  Look at the bottom of this message to find the UnSub Address and
USE IT.

      Richard Hoard >>

Dear Richard:

I am pretty sure that, having done some traveling in other lands, that not
everyone understands English...But I am pretty sure they understand rudeness!

And what does this have to do with making bio diesel or alternative energy?

It seems to me that there is a great opportunity being wasted here. There
seems to be a great deal of time and energy being spent expended on being
curt, peevish and pretty nasty. I am sorry to say that this seems to be the
tone and tenor of this list of quite a number of people on this list.

I am not including all of you, there seems to be a good group here that has a
lot of good to say, but the message is being lost in this wallowing in
rudeness. As long as the group and the moderator stand by and allow this kind
of rudeness then it will continue and if that what you all want, so be it. I
will excuse myself from the group, since I think it is very important to try
to behave in a civil manner if you want to make a change in how the world
runs.

To this I would add that E mail is a little too convenient and allows one to
behave in the manner of your message with no real consequence, as one might
encounter in the real world. It takes a much bigger person to NOT behave in
this manner and to say well "let me be of help." Or to hit the delete button.

I assume that you are of the person you are presenting in above message you
will most likely send me a foul mouthed flame job. But please bite your
tongue and think it through and please give some consideration to whether you
really think your actions push forward the cause of a cleaner environment or
if it is just another distraction from it. What's your motivation?

Also please note that I am going to unsubscribe myself and I am going to
close down my E mail address so if you choose to behave as I suspect you will
to be orally abusive. It will be a waste of time.

I hope you all can see the wisdom in treating people with a bit more respect
and tolerance, if you don't, the few who behave like this will ruin it for
all the others and might just end up preaching to yourself.

SqJ