Warren,
            I am sure if you had strong enough magnets and you could get
close enough to the vehicle in front of you your gas mileage might jump
tremendously. Believe they would have to be elecro magnets though in case
the vehicle in front suddenly went the wrong way.  Some film producer could
probably do a good Laurel and Hardy skit (or did I say skid) on this.
B.r., David