"Grendel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Same way as unleaded gas. Use an additive or. . .
> >
> > Running ethanol in a stocker is a huge waste. The compression should be
> > raised to get decent mileage.
> > I saw photos of an ethanol fueled engine from a taxi with 300k on it.
>Looked
> > like a gasoline engine with 50k on it.
> >
> > Kirk
>

>Kirk,
>
>Oddly enough this is the first time I've heard of raising the compression
>for better mileage. I am going to convert an old motorcycle of mine to E-85.
>I was told that I should raise the compression but didn't knwo why. Can you
>explain it to me? Thanks!

See Chapters 1-3 of "The Manual for the Home and Farm Production of
Alcohol Fuel" by S.W. Mathewson, in the Biofuels library at Journey
to Forever (see below):
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_manual/manual_ToC.html

Uh, by the way, that message was 27kb long. Try snipping?

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects