----- Original Message -----
From: "Bud & Lois Pitts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Can anyone tell me how long WVO will store and still be usable for
biodiesel
> and what would be the best storage conditions? Also how long will BD store
> before it becomes contaminate with organisms as petro diesel does?

Have been experimenting with waste cotten seed oil that has been stored in
20L drums for over a month.
During that time the oil has become progressively thicker and more opaque.
In line with my aim to simplify the production of BD by reducing input of
time energy and equipment I have been processing the oil cold straight from
the drum. Result 500ml oil+ 75ml methanol containing 3 grams NaOH gives 350
ml BD + 250ml heavy white sludge. Same oil when heated to 160 deg C
(probably doesn't need to go that high) and cooled back to 20 deg C gives a
clear golden brown oil of lower viscosity. During the heat there was no
indication that water was present. Cold processing this oil gave excellent
results, two layers about 500ml BD and75ml glycerine which separated
rapidly.
Unless I can process the oil as it is drained from the fryers I will heat
the oil before processing. Having heated the oil it can be cooled to 55 deg
C and processed. Ammount of NaOH I have been using is below theoretical
optimum so will try 55 deg processing with increased NaOH.

Regards,   Paul