My initial question is to Alex and to anyone else who is using his
two-step process. Is it possible to use 95% or purer ethanol as a reagent
instead of the methanol? I assume that it would have to be very pure to
be successful. I haven't tried it on paper, nor dusted off my rusty
Chemistry skills as yet. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it. IF
it works this would be a plus in that ETOH is a renewable solvent and a
little less detrimental to the nervous system. At that purity it will
still require care in working with it, but that would make things more
renewable.
        Anyway I'm just bouncing it off the group to see what everyone
thinks. Now I'll go off and find my Chemistry texts to get myself back up
to speed and try it out on paper....

        Thanks for your consideration and your commitment to doing what
we can to better this world.

        James