> No matter how you slice and dice it, 5% growth IS a simple exponential,
> because that growth is at least implicitly compound (if linear, you have
> to specify a base). And assuming a continued simple exponential growth
> of ANYTHING is palpable nonsense. You can have a lot of fun
> demonstrating that the Universe will be devoured in X years, but all
> you're really demonstrating is that the model is invalid.
>
> No doubt the students will remember - I only hope they remember to
> question!
>
> Marc de Piolenc

Marc,

I believe that if you have such serious contentions with Dr. Nering's
teaching methodology and or motives, that you should express them to him.

If you wish, I can scrounge up an address. But for now, he can be contacted
through the mathematics department at Arizona State University.

Todd Swearingen
Appal Energy