> In my opinion substitution of wind power for nuclear
> (in this period of time and in this amount) is an
> un-realistic dream.
> (Schroder has shown to be more green than any green movement).
> Germans will sooner or later revise these shut-down plans and revisit
their nuclear power.
> The similar story happened to Swedes several years ago  (By 2000 all
Swedish nuclear power
> stations were to be shut-down) and they still are in operation - at least
till 2025....

Jan Sur—wka
(not stupid as I think, Pole the neighbor of Germans)

Jan,

Got the correction on nuke phaseouts. The first two in the next two years,
the balance by 2025.

Don't be too sure that phasing out can't be done. Sure the G.W. Bushs and
Cheneys are going to be laughing at anyone who would contend such a thing,
all the while attempting to intimidate with their snyde remarks. Wouldn't
surprise me if there's a bit of a back room gambit going on as we speak,
trying to pressure a "rethinking" of such an itenerary.

My personal belief is that it can be done. Whoever succedes at it first will
become the envy and model of the contemporary world, not to mention a lot of
sub-surface enmity.

I give any nation a 100% chance of success in eliminating nukes, as long as
they can keep the opposition dogs from taking chunks out of their heels
along the way.

There is an enormous difference between achieving what is possible and even
economically prudent, rather than what is politically and economically
expedient.

Todd
Appal Energy